Expertise and Experience
View résumé (pdf)
Professional and open source project experience
- Apache HTTP Server Project, Apache Portable Runtime Project
Committer, Project Management Committee member, ASF member, V.P. for Apache Portable Runtime
- Oracle HTTP Server
- Sun GlassFish Web Stack
Different roles, including Engineering Lead for the product and Architect for the Apache HTTP Server component
- IBM HTTP Server
Team lead for development and L3 support
- z/OS Communications Server — TCP/IP and SNA
Extensive work in CMIP for SNA, AnyNet TCP/IP over SNA, syslogd for Unix System Services
- Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris, AIX, z/OS, HP-UX,
Tru64, OS/2, VM/CMS, ...
Most of my recent work is with Linux and Windows platforms.
- C, Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, C++, PL/X, Rexx, JCL, Modula 2,
Pascal, COBOL, BASIC, ...
Most of my recent work is with Python, C, Java, and Perl languages.
- GNU autotools, cmake, make, ...
- gdb, strace, sysdig, lsof, dbx, dtruss, truss, pstack, pfiles, DTrace, ...
I developed diagnostic data collector tools for a commercial product using much of this software
- TCP/IP network programming
I worked in BSD socket API implementations for three different communication stacks, worked in portability libraries offering rich APIs for TCP/IP programming across many platforms, and implemented test tools for socket APIs. I worked on Apache HTTP Server in open source, and led development of products based on Apache HTTP Server at several companies.
- HTTP, CGI, FastCGI, SCGI, ...
- Apache httpd module API, WSGI, ...
- Django, Google App Engine for Python, ...
I have extensive experience developing Django web applications for a number of commercial, governmental, and non-profit clients.
University of Alabama, College of Arts and Sciences
Major: Applied Mathematics
Minors: Computer Based Honors Program, English
University of Alabama, College of Engineering
Master of Science in Computer Science